Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Light Hearted Meaty Affair!

Life has been moving fast!
Really fast!

Its been a hectic ride ever since the Puja vacations got over!
I can't even reacall what all happened in between...
I'll try to jot down whatever comes to my mind... not necessarily in chronological order...

Our group of friends were chatting one evening when somehow or the other, up came the topic of having a Barbeque Party!
That too on the rooftop of our apartment!


Like aimless souls who jump upon the first idea that comes to their mind, we decided it then and there that it had to be done!
So began the preparations... buying grills, coal, saw-dust, setting them up with bricks.
And obviously next came the food items!
Sausages were bought... so was boneless chicken along with the required vegetables... sauses, chat masala etc...
It wasn't as easy as it sounds!
Some of us were really doubtful about the plan... ok... to be honest most of us were (And yeah... I too need raise my hand here!)... except one... the one who had planned all this!
Llama... our corporate friend... now please don't ask me the reason behind the name... lets just say someone found 'similarities'... and the others agreed!

Anyway doubts were aplenty!
Would the coal light up in the first place?!
Even if it did, would the meat be cooked enough??!
Or maybe we'll just burn the thing off into smoke... the experienced chefs that we all are!
Enough reasons to order 'Rumali Roti' and 'Chicken Bharta' as backup.
Cause none of us had retained enough attributes of our cave-dwelling ancestors to gorge on raw meat!
But the way the thing was pulled off was well beyond our expectations!
It was a hell of an experience!
The food was delicious... most importantly!

And the atmosphere elecrifying!
A function was going on nearby and the music floating across the air seemed to add to the ambience...
It was something worth trying out again... and we sure are going to do that!

Then came the other big festivals of the season... Kali Puja and Diwali... the festival of lights!

We were a bit dissapointed initially this time around because for the past three years we had been having Kali Puja in our Apartment, and it was decided that it would be skipped this year...
The dissapointment was short-lived though... what better way to set your mood right, than by firecrackers!
The specify the quantity... lets just state that... stating that we burnt 'many' would be an understatement! (If that made sense to you, you're a genius... cause even I didn't get what I wrote)

The shells exploding on a Diwali skyline is something worth savouring... throughout the evening... and through the night... coinciding with the nascent rays of dawn...
I got busy with my camera! Clicking away at each and everything!
And that more or less rounds off my Diwali.


Next to next day was 'Bhai Phota' a traditional event of brother-sister bonding.
I love this event... specially because I love my sister so much!
And this is one of those few days of the year when I step out of the house in a 'Panjabi'!
The affection we show for each other is the best part... and well... the exchange of gifts comes a close second! ;D
This year I went to two of my sister's houses... had lunch at Shila di's house... played around with my nephew, other cousins... we always have a wonderful time!

After that college reopened, and the days just flew by... and out of the blue today I find the semester exams a week away!
Some shock... I tell you!
I'm starting to envy those friends of mine who study in Jadavpur University... they all boycotted the semester exams... in protest of something that half of them don't even know of!
And now the new dates haven't even been finalized yet!
How I wish our college too had a students' union!

Anyway semester exams here I come... please let me return alive...

3 comments:

  1. always a nice read :) and you did a great job with the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @raja
    Winning hearts is becoming an habit for you...

    amader jonne kichu to baaki raakh !!!!!!!!!!!!

    cant wait for ur next post...

    @ rest

    Subtract the blogger's modesty carefully tucked in to mask his creative genius...

    it was after seeing him only, that the oxford dictionary added the word "MODEST" to their collection !!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rakesh : Thanks you so much! :)
    @Parichay : Thanks a lot, but you did speak a bit too much! Over-the-top things! :D

    ReplyDelete